Easy read is not just about adding in few pictures or simpler words. It is about making the information work for your audience. Our easy read training equips you with the skills and knowledge to achieve that.
We also provide Clear Communication training – a combination of plain English and easy read, for organisations that want a broader understanding of how to communicate clearly.
Why our easy read training?
- We have trained numerous organisations, including government departments, the NHS, local authorities and national charities.
- You will be trained by experts in the field who have produced easy read information for the UK Government and Parliament, political parties, the BBC, the UN, NGOs and national charities, to name a few. We have also helped develop UK and Europe-wide easy read guidelines.
- Our training equips you with the skills to produce high quality, best practice easy read materials, and the ability to look at your information from a totally new perspective.
- We can tailor the training to meet your organisation’s needs.
- We are based in London but would come to you to deliver the training, therefore saving on your travel costs. We also offer flexibility in terms of times, dates and course packages.
- For more information on the packages available and what the training covers, please see our Easy read training outline.
Clear Communication training (plain English and easy read)
We can combine plain English and easy read training to give your organisation a broader perspective on communicating clearly and getting your messages heard.
We provide expert advice and consultancy on communicating in an inclusive and accessible way.
See Hackney People First’s top tips for easy read information: