Easy read training
We offer online or face to face training. Our easy read training will help you produce best practice easy read information that works for the audience.
You will be trained by experts in the field who have produced easy read materials for the UK Government and Parliament, local government, political parties, the BBC, the UN, international NGOs and national charities, to name a few.
We also provide Clear Communication training – a combination of plain English and easy read – for organisations that want a broader understanding of how to communicate clearly.
Why our easy read training?
- You will be trained by experts who have reworked every kind of information into easy read, from political party manifestos to national strategies, benefits letters and care home reports.
- We have extensive experience of working with people with a learning disability and involving them in the production of easy read.
- The training covers the essential skills and techniques for producing best practice easy read information, tailored to your audience.
- The session is interactive, with practical exercises and plenty of opportunities for discussion.
- We can tailor the training to your needs.
- We offer online or face to face training. We are based in London but would come to you to deliver face to face training, saving on your travel costs. We can be flexible with dates, times and course packages.
- For more information on the packages available and what the easy read training covers, see our Easy read training outline.
We can combine plain English and easy read training to give your organisation a broader perspective on communicating clearly. See our Clear Communication course outline for more information.
We provide expert advice and consultancy on communicating in an inclusive and accessible way.
See Hackney People First’s top tips for easy read information: